Overview of the Software-Technology
The following diagram gives an overview of our technology concept:
1. Cient PC
Currently we support all Sun® Java™ 5.0
compatible operation systems (Linux, Sun® Solaris™ and
The client application offers an modern user interface,
which allows to control all tasks by function keys.
2. Application Server
The customers may use OpenSource
components on the application server. Additional the ISM*JavaForms
server needs to be installed. The ISM*JavaForms server control,
syncronize and manage all ISM*JavaForms client instances and the
database connections. Access to the Oracle RDBMS®
is done via a JDBC Interface. Java Encapsulation is used to call
the database procedures.
The customers have the choice of using either Unix
or Linux as their Operating System for the Application
3. Database Server
We have decided to use the ORACLE® RDBMS
as the industry leader for storing all data. The application-API
is making use of all ORACLE® database objects
on the Database Server.
Additional support of IBM DB2 is planned.
The customers have the choice of using either Linux,
Unix or Microsoft® Windows
as their Operating System for the Database Server.
- XML: eXtended Markup Language
- Java RMI: Remote Method Invocation
- JDBC: Java DataBase Connectivity
5. Developmentools by ISM
- ISM*JavaForms Runtime System
- JavaForms-Designer as tool for designing
- ISM*Migration for Oracle Forms 3.0 migrations
- Forms Generator for static form generation
from the data dictionary
- ISM Dokumentationssystem
6. Recommended Additional
- Sybase PowerDesigner or CA ERwin
for data modeling
- netViz for process modeling
- Eclipse as Java development environment